Tuesday, September 09, 2008

gravity

besides being the mother of all procrastinators i am also at crossroads and at loggerheads with myself...the usual case is that i would proudly and confidently proclaim or make a statement that inadvertently would come back to me in the most 'in-your-face' kind of way...mcm kene smacked by an elephants derrière..but we must always look at the bigger picture...and to be the bigger person (not only just in size)...by admitting that sometimes, we are wrong..or we have to make certain adjustments to our plan in order to achieve wat we want...so instead of using AKLEH all the time, gune la SPRINT ke, PENCHALA LINK ke ape ke kan..."with every mistake, we must surely be learning" while my guitar gently weeeeeeeppss...okkkaaaay...so i hope if i am able to accept the mistakes that i made or yours,...happy days ahead!!

speaking of pictures

my maternal grandparents-tok jantan and tok betina (i kid u not)
almarhum raja mohamed raja osman and ungku salmah ungku majid


tok jantan's suprise birthday party

my late mother and her family are true blue Johorians..her parents,my grandparents, like most of our grandparents were somewhat related..it was normal back then for people to marry their first,second or third cousins,and of course at a very young age..my grandpa was 16 and grandma was 13 when they got married...but youngsters then looked a lot differently than us..they were wat we are now at 25 kot...so between them they have 11 children..3 of which have died..after my grandma died when i was 8 mths old, my grandpa never remarried until i was around 8 or 9 years old..but that marriage didnt turn out well and it didnt even last till the 2nd aidilfiti (kot)....what i can only remember abt that granny was, she cld only make air sirap...no big loss there i suppose..hahah...my grandpa is the epitome of old school metro-sexual..i think he was among the pioneers of that fad...he has a strict and meticulous regime before and after his showers and there were 2 very important things tht he must hv for grooming purposes..nivea cream in a tub and vitalis oil (i think la) for all day slick hair....he keeps a pocket diary where he will, without fail, document the ongoings of the day..where he went, wat he did, who he met,what he bought, and who said what...oh n he had great penmanship..every time he comes over, it would be my duty to find a suitable plastic container for his false teeth, and of course the picit sessions where he will ask me who were the single teachers in my primary school and would they want to be his wife...of which i rejected of course ..coz its bad enuf to see them at school..u wouldnt want to c them at home plak la kan...in 2009, 09/09 to be exact, my grandpa got married to this wonderful lady whom he met at another wedding....as i recall it was in the local papers because of the auspicious date as well as the unconventional couple...i call his wife tok dah..and she is the closest thing i can ever make up a grandma should be and she does it very well...memang best la tok dah..she was an anak dara at that time (no she wasnt 24 y.o instead in her early 40s) and got herself an instant large and larger than life family that consists of anak2,menantu2,cucu2 and cicits....my grandpa passed away a year after my mother died..i still remember how he was on his knees when he broked down at the site of my mother lying motionless in my living room...people say it is hard losing a parent,or a spouse,bt on that day i could see it was even harder to lose a child..although i didnt spend much time with him like my other cousins,but his stories and anecdotes live on in them and my cousins would tirelessly re-tell his stories again,which to me,is timeless.....just as how the stories my mother used to tell me,will always remain in special neat memory pockets,n i would replay those moments just like wall.e did with his built in cassette player..i hv my own make believe cassette player that keeps me company and sane and happy and giggly and giddy....

i hope you can find ur own built-in cassette player..sure does save u a lot from all the rubbish u call movies churned out this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home